Wednesday, June 25, 2014

the evolution of an idea


I love the process of inspiration- seeing something that gives me an idea and then transforming that idea into art never gets old to me, in fact it is my favorite part of the creative process!

Recently I was doing a little yard work at my studio and after weeks of sunny days, I had a crop (like hundreds) of pansies that had grown in the gravel. I had to pull many of them out and after filling a couple of baskets, I felt that spark of inspiration begin to happen!

I plucked the flower off the stems and photographed the the piles of pansies.

I then used those photos as inspiration for a sketchbook page.

I used that sketchbook page to design for more products in my Society6 shop.

There was no way I could throw out all those flower so I pressed and dried them

and will be using them in future projects!

There you have it: inspiration, the gift that keeps on giving!

19 comments:

jabbott said...

beauriful work as always x

HollyM said...

I love to see an artist's process, especially yours as we are similar in our choice of subject matter(not talent).
Your design and the resulting products are beautiful!

Sandies' Patch said...

Wonderful!
I'm dehydrating flower petals for wedding confetti, having seen the price in the shops for natural confetti!

www.manybrightthings.wordpress.com said...

It is always really interesting to see how another creative person finds and develops their ideas, particularly when such lovely photos are used!

Unknown said...

NOONE DOES IT LIKE YOU DO!

Jennifer Jackson Taylor said...

These are awesome!

TesoriTrovati said...

ohOHOOOOOHHHH! I love pansies. I never would have been able to pull them out, but what fantastic art you created! I never would have thought to PAINT scratch board. That is so brilliant! And I will be stalking your Society6 page now. Just lovely, this evolution of your ideas. So cool to see how that works! Thank you for sharing your art with the world. Enjoy the day. Erin

Jamie and Kate said...

WOW! What an inspiring post, thank you so much for sharing. Your work is absolutely brilliant!

themindfulbee said...

This is so incredible and inspiring! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Its simply fantastic when you can see the evolution of an idea. I really enjoy your post :)

http://annabonfill.blogspot.com.es

Anonymous said...

it is wonderful! tank you for sharing!

dawn said...

These are gorgeous Alisa!! Love that you turned your art into fun stuff we can enjoy too. LOVE!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Alisa: I recently purchased your Daisy Mug for my mother-in-law because they're her favorite flower and it is a pretty design. I was just disappointed that your signature isn't on it!

Vivyane Veka said...

So delightful !

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh my such a beautiful design! Turning these lovely pansies into art had to burst your joy bubble with excitement ! We can never discount what some think are throw always. It could end up being the most beautiful of all.

Jan said...

So Sweet!

Val said...

Just gorgeous - the flowers and your designs!

Ali Jan said...


Find best Online Jobs on Facebook...
JobzCorner

Jeannie said...

I love Johnny Jump Ups. I was thrilled when I moved some plants across the mountains from my Gram's that some JJUps, came along. In the latest Country Living UK magazine, a lady has a home business selling candied pansies, violets, and English Daisies to the upscale bakeries. The sweets decorated with them are gorgeous. Thanks for always inspiring me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails